As a small business owner I’m constantly searching for the best and most cost effective way to do business. I’m kind of stingy and don’t like paying for things if I can find it for free. In an eBook that I have written (releasing in Spring 2013) I have several recommendations for how to send proposals, quotes and track your projects.
For my web design business, I am creating proposals online daily. I tried them all. However, there was one that stood out from the rest of the proposal/quote platforms…Quote Roller was the winner.
Why Creating Proposals Online should be done using Quote Roller
1. Free for all your Clients
Classy branded online proposals. Viewable online and by PDF. Downloadable & able to send a personalized email with their updated proposal from the program. Personal link to the proposal for your client!
All my clients can interact, ask questions, request changes on their proposal and it gets sent to me instantly. My clients LOVE this and my proposal acceptance rate has increased by 40%. True stats!
2. No Client Limits! Have as many clients as you’d like.
3. INTEGRATION – You can merge with Freshbooks Invoicing (if you want) and many other applications. I use PODIO for project management and it imports all my proposals so I can make tasks directly from the proposals.
4. Template Customization – I can create a template for web design, graphic design, project management, whatever you do, you can create a template for it. Also, you get access to other’s generic templates they use, so if you’re in the same industry and need some guidance on how someone else’s proposal looks for a similar project, it’s all here!
5. SAVED ME 80% – This is a TIME SAVER! Everyone knows time is precious, especially being a small business owner. Time is money and family time! It’s very cost efficient. On average, my small business proposal creation was taking 12+ hours a month. Now, I spend about 2-3 depending on the amount of requests.
6. ONLINE ACCESS 24/7 – Organized and in one place. I don’t have to sift through folders on my computer anymore for a proposal. It’s all online and if you’re away from your computer, but need to access it, you can. Simple!
7. PRICING – I started using the plans when they were in beta, so they’ve evolved a bit and give you more options. For small business, I recommend trying it out for a month (no long term commitment!) and seeing what suits your best. The pricing plans can be seen here.
8. APP! I have to have an app today. I’m constantly on the go as a mom and so if a client accepts a proposal, I get notified right away. It’s Free to download here.
Now that I’ve basically sales pitched this to you, you’re probably thinking what’s in this for her? Well, I’ll be honest and say, I paid for a year upfront for Quote Roller services and wrote blog so I could test out their Professional version. There is no harm in promoting something I use daily and I get an incentive out of it. This review happened a long time ago and will be in my eBook that’s been written for months, but now, it’s officially on The Little Mustard Seed Blog. 🙂 Hope you find it as helpful as I do for my business. If you have any questions, I’m happy to answer them before you try the program out.